informer n : one who reveals confidential information in return for money [syn: betrayer, rat, squealer, blabber]
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)mə(r)
- someone who informs someone else about something
The word Informer can refer to:
- Informer or Informant - member of an underground organization, a criminal gang or any other group outlawed, persecuted or harassed by the civil or military authorities, who gives the authorities information about the group as a whole and/about other members.
- Common informer, an historical concept in English law abolished in 1951.
- Informer (song), a song on the 1993 album 12 Inches of Snow, by Canadian singer Snow
- The Informer (novel), a 1925 novel by Liam O'Flaherty
- The Informer (1912 film), directed by D. W. Griffith
- The Informer (1914 film), director unknown
- The Informer (1929 film), directed by Arthur Robinson
- The Informer (film), a 1935 film directed by John Ford, written by Dudley Nichols, and starring Victor McLaglen
- The Informer (1980 film), a Chinese film
- The Informer (TV series), directed by Ridley Scott
Benedict Arnold, Brutus, Judas, Judas Iscariot, Quisling, accusant, accuser, adviser, allegator, announcer, annunciator, appellant, archtraitor, attestant, attestator, attester, authority, betrayer, blab, blabber, blabberer, blabbermouth, bystander, canary, channel, claimant, cockatrice, cojuror, communicant, communicator, complainant, compurgator, conniver, conspirator, conspirer, delator, deponent, double agent, double-crosser, double-dealer, earwitness, enlightener, expert witness, eyewitness, fink, gossipmonger, grapevine, grass, impeacher, impugner, indictor, informant, information center, information medium, interviewee, intrigant, intriguer, libelant, machinator, monitor, mouthpiece, narc, nark, newsmonger, notifier, party, passerby, peacher, petitioner, plaintiff, plotter, press, prosecutor, public relations officer, publisher, quisling, radio, rat, reporter, schemer, serpent, snake, snitch, snitcher, source, spectator, spokesman, spy, squealer, stool, stool pigeon, stoolie, suitor, swearer, talebearer, taleteller, tattler, tattletale, television, teller, telltale, testifier, the prosecution, timeserver, tipster, tout, traitor, treasonist, trimmer, turncoat, voucher, weasel, whistle-blower, witness